The first preview of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich for the Galaxy Nexus made all Android users want the latest OS running on their devices. With all the sexy animation and amazing features, who wouldn’t want to taste the sweetest version of Android? However, as the newest version was shipped off to different phone manufacturers, it became less of Android 4.0 ICS and started becoming more of each individual manufacturer’s skins.
Recognized XDA Developer 89luca89 solves this problem by sharing his CleanBlank custom ROM which offers the pure Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich packed for the Galaxy Nexus. This ROM breathes pure Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich—no tweaks, no mods, and definitely not themed—into our Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100.
The CleanBlank ROM carries the following features:
- Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Google Apps (same with Galaxy Nexus)
- CyanogenMod Kernel
- and much more
So, if you want pure Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich running on your Samsung Galaxy S2, continue reading this guide to learn how to flash the CleanBlank ROM to your mobile phone.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy S2, model number I9100. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- A rooted Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. You may refer to the following guides:
- Create a backup of your mobile data and files before flashing the ROM.
- To ensure that your mobile phone has sufficient power to last the flashing procedure, charge the phone’s battery to 70% or more.
- Download the CleanBlank ROM here (Update-luca-4.0.4-AOSP_04172012-signed.zip, md5sum: b46c199e99d87cd5d96494399b07e5f4).
- Copy Update-luca-4.0.4-AOSP_04172012-signed.zip to the root of the phone’s SD card.
- Switch off your mobile phone.
- Reboot your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 into ClockworkMod Recovery. You can do that by pressing the Volume Up key, Home button (middle key), and Power button simultaneously until Recovery Mode boots. NOTE: Once in ClockworkMod Recovery Mode, use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an option.
- Create a backup of your existing ROM before flashing the Clean Blank ROM. Go to Backup and Restore, On the next screen, select Backup to create a backup of your ROM.
- Go back to the main menu and select Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- From the main menu, select Advanced. From there, select Wipe Dalvik Cache and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Return to the main menu and select Install ZIP from SD Card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD Card and select Update-luca-4.0.4-AOSP_04172012-signed.zip. Select Yes on the next screen to begin flashing the ROM to your phone.
- After installation, go back to main menu and select Reboot System Now to restart your phone.
Congratulations! You have successfully flashed the CleanBlank ROM to your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100. Enjoy the pure Ice Cream Sandwich experience.