If you’ve been hankering to sink your teeth into a new ROM for your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-I777, we have just the thing for you.
The F1 GalaxyNexus ROM is an AOSP ROM based completely on the official Galaxy Nexus Android 4.0.4 stock OS. Some refer to it as a “pure gold” ROM because it’s very smooth and it’s free of any additive or bloatware.
Some of the beneficial features that you will get from it include 180-degree rotation, a tweaked Scrolling Cache for smooth scrolling, Galaxy S2 settings in the launcher, T9 Dialer, MP4 video recording, and of course, the stock Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich look and feel. This ROM was ported to the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 and it looked very smooth.
As with every piece of software, the F1 GalaxyNexus custom ROM bears bugs and issues. This ROM, in particular, inherits the known issues of CyanogenMod 9 for the Galaxy S2 GT-I9100, which is also an AOSP ROM.
If you want to install this ROM on your device, see the requirements and instructions below.
- Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-I777 (AT&T) with ClockworkMod Recovery
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Make sure that your battery has sufficient power (at least 50%) to avoid interruption due to power loss.
- F1 GalaxyNexus ROM (F1-GalaxyNexus-ATTGalaxyS2-20120605.zip, 98.84 MB)
- Google Apps package (gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip, 49.6 MB)
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2, model number SGH-I777. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Copy F1-GalaxyNexus-ATTGalaxyS2-20120605.zip and gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip to the root of your phone’s internal SD card.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot your phone into ClockworkMod Recovery by pressing the Volume Up key, Volume Down key, and Power keys together and let go after the Samsung logo flashes twice.
- While in ClockworkMod Recovery Mode, create a NANdroid Backup of your current ROM so that you can easily restore it. Go to Backup and Restore and select Backup on the next screen. Wait for it to finish and go back to the main recovery menu.
- Wipe the data on your phone. Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- You can skip this step if you came from a previous version of the F1 GalaxyNexus ROM.
- Go back to the main menu and select Install ZIP From SD Card. Select Choose ZIP From SD Card and select the F1-GalaxyNexus-ATTGalaxyS2-20120605.zip. Confirm the action on the next screen to flash the ROM to your mobile phone.
- Once installation is complete, flash gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip in the same manner as in step 6.
- Once you have flashed the two files, reboot your phone by selecting Go Back and Reboot System Now.
Great! You can now enjoy the features of the F1 GalaxyNexus ROM on your AT&T Galaxy S2 SGH-I777.