In early July last year, the Samsung Galaxy S Plus GT-I9001 was released and immediately became a smash hit. The device packed features like 1.4-GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, quad-band GSM and tri-band 3G support, 14.4 Mbps HSDPA and 5.76 Mbps HSUPA support, 4-inch 16M-color Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen of WVGA (480 x 800 pixel) resolution, PenTile matrix, and much more.
Though, unlike most phones, the Galaxy S Plus is still limited when it comes to accessing apps and root-enabled functions. S,o like most phones, the best way to access these root-enabled functions is through rooting.
Check this guide to root your Samsung I9001 Galaxy S Plus GT-I9001 and unleash your phone’s full capabilities.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy S Plus, model number GT-I9001. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Take note that rooting your mobile phone will void your warranty.
- Samsung Galaxy S Plus GT-I9001 with stock recovery
- Download one or both of the following:
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Maintain a battery charge of 70% or more to make sure that you have sufficient power for the entire procedure.
- Copy the Root-i9001-Signed.zip file to the root of your Galaxy S Plus’s internal SD card.
- Switch off your mobile phone.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and Power button to reboot your phone into Recovery Mode. Let go of the buttons when you see the Samsung logo.
- Once the Android in a box logo appears, press the Menu button to boot into recovery. Once in recovery, use the Volume keys to scroll/highlight menu items, and use the Home button to select menu items.
- Scroll to Apply Update from SD Card and tap the Home button to confirm the action.
- Choose Root-i9001-Signed.zip from the SD card and confirm the action to initiate the rooting process.
- Once the rooting process is complete, go back to main menu and select Reboot System Now to reboot your phone.
- Follow the same steps as in rooting, but use the UnRoot-i9001-Signed.zip file instead.
Congratulations! You’ve rooted your Samsung Galaxy S Plus GT-I9001 and you’ve also learned how to unroot it in case you need to.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.