The Samsung Galaxy S Plus GT-I9001 was an improvement of the original Galaxy S, addressing many of the issues of the Galaxy S series and bringing it up to par with its other smartphone rivals.
It comes with a solid stock ROM and stock recovery that makes proper use of its upgraded capabilities and tweaks. But, for the more technically inclined ones, using the device as it is out of the box is not enough. Tweaking our gadgets to suit our needs is something that we all want to do. The first step to the world of flashing different ROMs and various utility tools starts with installing a custom recovery.
ClockworkMod Recovery is a custom recovery and is an important tool to have installed on any Android device. Not only is it crucial in most custom ROM installations; it is also very useful if you're in need of general operating system utilities, such as making a back-up of your existing settings, data, or even the operating system itself.
This guide shows you how to flash ClockworkMod Recovery for the Galaxy S Plus I9001.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy S Plus, model number GT-I9001. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy S Plus GT-I9001
- A Windows PC
- Handset USB drivers installed on the PC. You may install the drivers by installing Samsung Kies.
- Download the following files to your computer:
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Turn off the phone and make sure it is disconnected from the PC.
- Boot the phone into Download Mode. To do so, press and hold down the Volume Down, Home, and Power buttons until the screen turns on and an Android icon in yellow appears.
- Double-click Odin3 v4.43.exe to open Odin on your PC.
- Connect the tablet to your PC.
- You should see a message that says “Added” in Odin. If not, there might be a problem with your drivers.
- Click the PDA button and select the recovery-clockwork-188.8.131.52-ariesve.tar.md5 file.
- Click on the OPS button and select the AriesVE.ops file.
- Click the Start button to begin installation. Once installation is done, you should see a PASS message. You're now free to unplug the phone from the PC.
Excellent! You've flashed ClockworkMod Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S Plus GT- I9001.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.