Widely known for its awesome features, the ParanoidAndroid ROM lets you change and adjust the layout of your device's interface, allowing you to have a phone or tablet user interface on your Android handset. If you have been waiting to enjoy this feature on your Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 then today is your lucky day.
XDA Developers member Trojan38 shares the ParanoidAndroid ROM for the Galaxy S. Aside from changing your phone's layout, this ROM also carries the Per-App Color feature that allows you to change and modify the colors on your phone's interface. You can adjust the opacity and create any color combination you like to personalize your phone's interface. Pretty neat, huh?
This guide shows you how to flash ParanoidAndroid ROM for the Galaxy S I9000.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy S, model number GT-I9000. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. Check our guide on how to root XXJVU and install Clockworkmod Recovery on the Galaxy S.
- Download the following:
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the ParanoidAndroid ROM and GApps packages to your phone's SD card
- Switch off your phone.
- Boot your phone into ClockworkMod Recovery by pressing the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons until recovery boots.
- Create a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. Go to Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Select Wipe Data/ Factory Reset > Yes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP from SD Card > select the ParanoidAndroid ROM file > Yes.
- Repeat step 6 to flash the GApps package.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition > Yes.
- Select Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache > Yes.
- Select Go Back > Reboot System Now.
Congratulations! You have successfully flashed the ParanoidAndroid ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000.