XDA Developers member XYunknown brings us the latest version of X-Bean. Version 3.0 brings with it the buttery-smooth transitions of Android 4.1.2 JellyBean with a mix of AOSP's clean interface and CyanogenMod 10′s functionality. This version also fixes force close bugs when changing views to landscape mode, as well as Wi-Fi problems experienced by users of the previous versions.
X-Bean is still a work in progress. While most of the bugs in version 3.0 seem to be resolved by re-flashing the ROM, issues, like the Task Manager force closing, are still being investigated. In addition, syncing contacts with MS Outlook or Microsoft Exchange seems to be an issue. The media scanner also glitches once in a while. Apart from these, version 3 works like a charm.
This guide shows you how to flash X-Bean ROM for the Galaxy S I9000.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy S, model number GT-I9000. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Download the following to your computer:
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy X-Bean 3.0.zip and landscape_fix.zip to your phone's internal SD card.
- Turn your Galaxy S off.
- Reboot to CWM Recovery. You can do this by holding down the Volume Up, Home, and the Power buttons at the same time until recovery boots. You can use the Volume Keys to navigate and the Power button to select options while in recovery.
- Perform a full wipe by doing the following:
- Select Wipe data/factory reset > Yes.
- Select Wipe cache partition > Yes.
- Select Advanced > Wipe Dalvik cache > Yes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card > Choose ZIP from SD card. Look for the X-Bean 3.0.zip file, select it, and confirm that you want to install the file.
- Repeat step 5 and flash the landscape_fix.zip file.
- Once you're done flashing, reboot your phone. Select Go back > Reboot system now on the main menu.
Great job! You now have X-Bean version 3.0 running on your Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000. Enjoy its super smooth Jelly Bean qualities.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.