One of the perks of owning an Android device is that you can easily customize it by flashing third-party ROMs. If you're a die-hard Android fan, I'm certain that you have tried searching for a custom ROM on the XDA Developers Forum for your Android device. This is a place where developers and Android users alike gather to share ROMs, mods, and other stuff that you can use to customize your Android device. If you feel bad that your Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 hasn't been getting any updates, you can now celebrate because we'll be showing you how to flash a great ROM to your device.
XDA Developers member ph.miki shares his AOKP MTechnology-6.1 ROM for the Galaxy S. As the name suggests, this ROM is based on an AOKP and has been altered to suit the developer's tastes.
The ROM also contains some features of the CyanogenMod 10 ROM and some design elements from the stock TouchWiz UI. This ROM comes with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, SEMAPHORE kernel 2.5S, Google Now, DSP Manager, the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Keyboard, ROM Control, Weather Panel, circle lockscreen of AOKP, and much more.
This guide shows you how to flash AOKP MTechnology-6.1 ROM for the Galaxy S I9000.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy S, model number GT-I9000. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. For additional help you can refer to our guide Root XXJVU and Install Clockworkmod Recovery (CWM) on Galaxy S.
- Download the following files to your computer:
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the the AOKP MTechnology-6.1 ROM and the application package ZIP files to the phone's internal SD card.
- Switch off your phone.
- Reboot your Galaxy S into ClockworkMod Recovery. Press and hold the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons until recovery boots.
- Create a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. Select Backup and Restore and select Backup on the next screen.
- Do the following:
- Select Wipe data/factory reset > Yes.
- Select Wipe cache partition > Yes.
- Select Advanced > Wipe Dalvik cache > Yes.
- Select Mounts and Storage > Format System.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card > Choose ZIP from SD card > locate and select the AOKP MTechnology-6.1 ROM file > Yes.
- Flash the ROM's application package in the same manner as in step 6.
- Go back to the main menu and select Reboot system now to restart your phone.
Congratulations! You have successfully flashed the AOKP MTechnology-6.1 ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000.