Did you think we were done with the Jelly Bean craze? XDA Developers senior member nasif619 certainly wasn't. He's brought Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 users a taste of the Jelly Bean madness through an unofficial AOKP Jelly Bean port.
Unfortunately, this AOKP port is only just a teaser. It's still in its very early stages so you can expect a lot of bugs and things that need fixing. This, however, means that AOKP Jelly Bean is certainly compatible with the Galaxy S and it won't be long until a fully working one is available for flashing.
If you're excited to get inject a little Jelly Bean into your device, even if it's just a taste, then read on for our instructions on how to upgrade the Galaxy S I9000 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via AOKP ROM.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy S, model number GT-I9000. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 with ClockworkMod Recovery
- Download the Galaxy S AOKP ROM (aokp_galaxysmtd-eng.nasif.zip, 146.36 MB) to your computer.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the AOKP ROM ZIP file to your Galaxy S's internal SD card
- Turn off your Galaxy S.
- Boot into Recovery Mode. You can do this by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons. When the screen turns on, let go of all three buttons.
- In Recovery, you can use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select
- Make a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. Select Backup & Restore and select Backup.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD Card and browse for the Galaxy S AOKP ROM ZIP file.
- After the Galaxy S AOKP ROM has finished installing, go to Advanced and select Fix Permissions.
- Select Go Back to return to the main menu.
- Select Reboot System Now.
Congratulations! You can finally taste Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on your Galaxy S GT-I9000 through this AOKP Jelly Bean port. Let us know what you think of it in a comment below.