Released earlier this year, it was only a matter of time before the Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G SGH-T769 would be rooted. That time has finally come, thanks to the support of the development community. XDA developer k0nane has already released a pre-rooted stock kernel that is tailor-made for the Galaxy S Blaze 4G. You don’t have to go through long confusing instructions to gain root access on your Galaxy S Blaze 4G; you can simply flash the pre-rooted stock kernel using Odin3.
The pre-rooted kernel is perfectly safe to use as it doesn’t make any other changes on your phone other than rooting it. As an added bonus, the kernel already includes a fully-linked copy of BusyBox 1.19.3, BusyBox running parts support, and other various tools.
Excited to get root access? Check out the guide below on how you can root your Galaxy Blaze S 4G.
Rooting your phone will void your phone’s warranty. We shall not be liable for whatever happens to your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
- Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G SGH-T769
- Temporarily disable Samsung KIES and any antivirus software on your computer as they may interrupt the flashing process.
- Install Samsung USB device drivers for your phone on your computer.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone. You can do this by heading to Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging. Make sure that there is a check mark beside that option.
- Download the following rooting files and important software to your computer:
- Extract the odin-185.zip file into a folder on your computer.
- On your PC, launch the Odin3 application by double-clicking the Odin 1.85.exe file that you extracted.
- In Odin3, match the following options according to file they correspond with:
- Select the PDA button, then browse for the blaze-root-kernel.tar file.
- Select PIT button, then browse for the blaze.pit file.
- Important! Do not check the “Re-Partition” and “F. Reset” options in Odin as they may brick your phone. Only the “Auto Reboot” option should be checked.
- Switch off your Galaxy S Blaze 4G.
- Boot into Download Mode. You can to this by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons together until you are greeted with a “Warning!” splash screen, indicating you have successfully booted into Download Mode. Release the buttons, then press the Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
- Plug your Galaxy Blaze 4G to your PC using a USB cable. Once connected, Odin3 should prompt you with a message “Added!” that can be found under Odin3’s message box. This should indicate that you have successfully connected your phone to your PC.
- In Odin3, hit the START button to start flashing the rooted kernel on your Galaxy S Blaze 4G. If you are successful, your phone should automatically reboot and you will be greeted with a PASS message in Odin3’s message box.
- Disconnect your phone from your PC.
- To verify if you have root access or not you can launch the SuperUser app or download it for free from the Google Play Store.
Congratulations! You have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G SGH-T769. Enjoy the many benefits of having a rooted phone. Next possible step you might want to take is to install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G SGH-T769.
Paul and I.T. are synonyms. If you need help with I.T.-related stuff, call on Paul. His experience with Android phones goes way back to the ancient single-core-phone days. But, he keeps himself up to date, so now he has a dual-core beast in his pocket, and is looking forward to getting his first quad-core monster, and when it comes, his first eight-core phone. Perhaps he should be called Mr. X-Core, where "X" equals the number of CPU cores.