Treat your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889 to something new this 2013. Root your phone, unlock its bootloader, and flash a custom recovery so you can start changing how your phone looks and improve its performance. And, if you're up for some hybrid fun, check out the ROM introduced by XDA Developers member DAGr8 from the Saurom Projekt team.
Originally posted in the AT&T Galaxy Note 2 forums, The Hybrid Innovation edition has been developed and released by DAGr8 for T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 users. This ROM is based on Android 4.1.1 build VLALJ2 and it comes with great features like the Sony Bravia Engine, 23 toggles, Tablet and Phablet UI, and more. This debloated ROM is also deodexed and rooted. Get a taste of the 5-star project on your Galaxy Note 2 now by flashing this ROM.
This guide shows you how to flash Hybrid Innovation Edition ROM for the Galaxy Note 2 T889.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2, model number SGH-T889. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A rooted T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. For pointers, check out the following guides:
- Download The Hybrid Innovation Edition ROM (The_Hybrid_VLALJ2_RC1.3.2.zip, md5sum: d488a3bf50d6e9635fcd2185bf295059)
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy The Hybrid Innovation Edition ROM ZIP file to your phone's SD card.
- Turn your phone off.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, press and hold down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons until the screen turns on. Use the Volume keys to navigate through the options and the Power button to select an option.
- Create a NANDroid backup. Select Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Wipe your data by doing the following:
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition > Yes.
- Select Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache > Yes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP from SD Card > Locate and select The Hybrid Innovation Edition ROM file > Yes.
- Restore your backed up data. Select Backup and Restore > Advanced Restore > /Data.
- Select Go Back > Reboot System Now.
Great job! You have just flashed Saurom Projekt's The Hybrid Innovation Edition ROM on your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.