Thanks to the hard work of brilliant developers, more Jelly Bean-based custom ROMs are being developed for the original Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000. One of these ROMs is the SVA ROM JB v4.5.
Developed and released by XDA Developers member _SVA_, the SVA ROM JB v4.5 is one of the many options for Galaxy Note owners when the need and yearning for Jelly Bean becomes really unbearable. This ROM is based on the stock Jelly Bean firmware XXLSC, which also allows you to experience the multi-window and Airview features of the Galaxy Note 2. The ROM is zipaligned and deodexed, plus you won't need to worry about some of the stock apps (like Samsung Apps and AllShare) since they can be deleted during installation. As it is based on stock firmware, you can expect fluid and fast performance with little to no jitters.
This guide shows you how to flash SVA ROM for the Galaxy Note N7000.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Note, model number GT-N7000. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed
- Download the SVA ROM JB v4.5 package (SVA ROM JB v4.5 XXLSC.zip, md5sum: 8f8410e4cc5d9c252fe70b4ff5f07672)
- See to it that your phone's battery is charged up to 75% or more to avoid interruptions during the process.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the SVA ROM file to your phone's external SD card.
- Switch your phone off.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, hold down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons together until the phone boots.
- NOTE: You can use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an item in recovery.
- If you are upgrading from another OS (such as from Ice Cream Sandwich to Jelly Bean), perform a full wipe by doing the following:
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Wipe Cache partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Advanced and select Wipe Dalvik Cache and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Skip step 4 if you are coming from another Jelly Bean ROM and select Install ZIP from SD Card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD Card and navigate to the SVA ROM file. Select the file and confirm the action to start installing the ROM to your phone.
- After installation, select Go back and select Reboot System Now. This will reboot your phone to the newly installed SVA ROM.
Awesome! You have successfully installed the SVA ROM to the original Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000. How do you find the ROM so far? Let us know by leaving a comment below.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.