SuperNexus ROMs have been very diligent in making the non-Nexus owners have a glimpse of how awesome the vanilla Android experience is. Optimizations and improvements were mixed in the ROM. Plus, it has zero bloatware, making the SuperNexus ROMs lighter compared to others.
Cherry-picks from the CyanogenMod, AOKP, and Code Aurora sources were also incorporated in the SuperNexus ROMs, bringing you great features from them and, of course, Jelly Bean goodness.
XDA Developers member, Faryaab, released a SuperNexus N7000 ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000, bringing
vVanilla Android experience to the device. If you accidentally landed on this page, have a Galaxy Note with you, and were looking for another ROM to try, you might want to consider this SuperNexus ROM.
This guide shows you how to flash SuperNexus N7000 ROM for the Galaxy Note N7000.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Note, model number GT-N7000. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. For help, check our guides:
- Your phone's USB cable
- Download the following files to your computer:
- Make sure that your phone's battery is charged up to 75% to avoid interruptions during the process.
- Backup all personal data on your device to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the SuperNexus N7000 Build 4 package and the GApps package to your phone's internal SD card.
- Switch your phone off and boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, press and hold down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons together until the phone boots into recovery.
- NOTE: you can use the Volume keys to navigate and the power button to select an option in recovery.
- Make a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. To create a backup, go to Backup and Restore and select Backup.
- Select Wipe data/Factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen. Wit for the process to finish.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card. Select Choose ZIP from SD Card and navigate to the SuperNexus N7000 Build 4 ZIP file. Select the file and confirm the action on the next screen to start installing the ROM to your phone
- After installation of the ROM is done, install the GApps package in the same manner as in step 5.
- Once installation of GApps is done, select Go back and choose Reboot system now. This will reboot your phone to the newly installed SuperNexus ROM.
Hooray! Your Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 is now running on Jelly Bean via the SuperNexus ROM. How do you like the ROM so far?
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.