Team Passion has recently unleashed a Jelly Bean-based ROM, the Chimera ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000. The Chimera ROM is a mix of popular JB ROMs — Paranoid Android, CyanogenMod 10 (CM10), CodeNameAndroid, and AOKP. On top of that, the ROM is also powered by the HydraCore kernel.
XDA Developers member neobuddy89, together with Team Passion, made this ROM with stability and customization options in mind. With CM10′s rock stability, Paranoid Android's DPI controls, and AOKP's extensive customization options, the Chimera ROM is absolutely a ROM that can please a lot of people with varying preferences. If you are looking for a great ROM that has equally great features from other ROMs, you won't go wrong with this one.
This guide shows you how to flash Chimera ROM for the Galaxy Note N7000.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Note, model number GT-N7000. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 with ClockworkMod Recovery and running a ROM based on CM9, CM10, or AOSP sources
- Your phone's USB cable.
- Download the following files to your computer:
- Chimera 3.0 ROM package (TeamPassion-Chimera-N7000-3.0.zip, md5sum: f03d341878fdb62d6e84ead641828d94)
- GApps (Google Apps) package (gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip, md5sum: 4e9e7ec3c22b0b3471bd05d62b8a659d)
- See to it that your phone's battery is charged up to 75% or more to avoid interruptions during the process.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the Chimera 3.0 ROM package and the GApps package to your phone's SD card.
- Turn your phone off.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, press and hold down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons together until the screen turns on.
- NOTE: You can use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an item or option in recovery.
- Make a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. Select Backup and Restore >Backup.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition > Yes.
- Select Mounts and Storage > Format system.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP from SD Card > select the Chimera ROM ZIP file > Yes.
- Once installation of the ROM is done, install the GApps package in the same manner as in step 8.
- After installing the GApps package, select Go back and select Reboot system now. This will reboot your phone to the newly installed Chimera ROM.
Awesome! Your Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N700 is now running on Jelly Bean thanks to the Chimera 3.0 ROM. How's the ROM's performance so far? Let us know your thoughts by leaving a comment below.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.