It's great to know that older phone models still get much loving and care from the developer community with all the releases they roll out for various devices. The Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 may not be a newer model, but custom ROMs are still being painstakingly made and developed for the device. The official Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy Note is making users impatient with all the aimless waiting. But, as what we always say, there's always another way for Jelly Bean-hungry people to get their sweet fix.
AOKP ROMs are known for their extensive customization features and stability, alongside CM10 ROMs. An official AOKP ROM was released by XDA Developers member sixstringsg for the original Galaxy Note. Since it is an official release from AOKP, we can expect nothing but the best with this ROM.
This guide shows you how to flash AOKP Jelly Bean Milestone 1 ROM for the Galaxy Note N7000 (official).
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Note, model number GT-N7000. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. For help, check our guides:
- Your phone's USB cable.
- Download the following files to your computer:
- AOKP Build 5 (aokp_n7000_jb_build-5.zip, md5sum: 0e3533e1c4cf5de96cbc05410f6f3cbe)
- AOKP JB Milestone 1 ROM package (aokp_n7000_jb_milestone-1.zip, md5sum: 19e402b2b6d481b25dd83499a0e06866)
- GApps (Google Apps) package (gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip, md5sum: 4e9e7ec3c22b0b3471bd05d62b8a659d)
- See to it that your phone's battery is charged up to 75% or more to avoid interruptions during the process.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the AOKP JB Build 5 and the GApps package to your phone's SD card.
- Switch your phone off.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, press and hold down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons together until the phone boots into recovery.
- NOTE: You can use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an item or option in recovery.
- Make a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. To create a backup, go to Backup and Restore and select Backup.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD card and select the AOKP Build 5 package.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD card and select the AOKP JB Milestone 1 ROM package.
- Install the GApps package in the same manner as in steps 8 and 9.
- Once installation is done, select Go back and select Reboot system now. This will reboot your phone to the newly installed AOKP JB Milestone 1 ROM.
Great job! Your Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 is now running on Jelly Bean thanks to the AOKP JB Milestone 1 ROM.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.