The AT&T Galaxy Note SGH-I717 is in for a super sweet treat as another Jelly Bean-based ROM is waiting to be tried out. A kang of the Cookies and Cream ROM is now available for those who want to soak their devices in ultimate sweetness using the ROM and, of course, Jelly Bean.
Released by XDA Developers member ManelScout4Life, this Cookies and Cream ROM is as smooth as it can get. It's based off Codename Android and uses a CyanogenMod kernel coupled with ParanoidAndroid settings that allow a hybrid UI on the AT&T Galaxy Note.
Various modes like Phablet UI, Tablet UI, and Stock UI are just some of the goodies you can expect from this ROM. You can't go wrong with smoothness and customization options rolled into one ROM, especially if you are looking for a solid ROM to flash to your AT&T Galaxy Note.
This guide shows you how to flash Cookies and Cream ROM for the Galaxy Note I717.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the AT&T Galaxy Note, model number SGH-I717. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- An AT&T Galaxy Note SGH-I717 with TWRP Recovery installed.
- Your phone's USB cable.
- Download the following files to your computer:
- See to it that your phone's battery is charged up to 75% or more to avoid interruptions during the process.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the Cookies and Cream v1.2.1 ROM package and the GApps package to your phone's SD card.
- Switch your phone off.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery. To do this, press and hold the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons together until the screen turns on. Release the Power button but keep pressing the Volume keys until the phone enters TWRP Recovery.
- Make a backup of your existing ROM. To create a backup, tap on Backup and slide the blue circle located at the bottom to the right.
- Go back to main recovery menu.
- Select Wipe and select Factory reset. Confirm the action on the next screen and wait for the process to finish.
- Select Cache and select Wipe cache. Wait for the wipe to finish.
- Select Install and navigate to the cookiesandcream-quincyatt-1012.zip file. Confirm the action to start installing the ROM on your phone.
- Once installation of the ROM finishes, install the GApps package in the same manner as in step 8.
- After installing the GApps package, select Reboot system now. This will reboot your phone to the newly installed Cookies and Cream ROM.
Great job! Your AT&T Galaxy Note SGH-I717 is now running on Jelly Bean, thanks to the Cookies and Cream v1.2.1 ROM. Liking the ROM? Let us know what you think about the ROM by leaving a comment below.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.