With reports of the official Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) update rolling out for the Galaxy Note in Germany, it seems that even the AT&T Galaxy Note is starting to get its own leaks. Thanks to XDA Developers member Korey_Nicholson and Brief Mobile, users of the AT&T Galaxy Note SGH-I717 can enjoy Android 4.0.3 ICS firmware build UCLD3.
The last leaked firmware for the AT&T Galaxy Note, known as UCLC5, was riddled with performance bugs and other non-functional features. But, luckily for Galaxy Note owners, Samsung was keen enough to fix those pesky little bugs, mostly eliminating them in the new UCLD3 update. However, Instagram was reported not to work on the Galaxy Note, but overall, UCLD3 was praised by most testers for being smooth and faster than ever before.
Read the rest of this guide to learn more about installing the leaked UCLD3 firmware on your AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-I717.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note, model number SGH-I717. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-I717
- A Windows PC
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Download the UCLD3 Firmware (SGH-I717UCLD3-1FB30D08F1D2B2AAAECF49D262E8E707.exe, 902 MB) from here.
- Download the AT&T Galaxy Note drivers (USB_Driver_for_ATT_I717_Galaxy_Note_v1_3_2200_0.exe, 22.8 MB) from here.
- Install the Galaxy Note Drivers on your PC by double-clicking the USB_Driver_for_ATT_I717_Galaxy_Note_v1_3_2200_0.exe. Follow the onscreen instructions.
- Install Odin by double-clicking the SGH-I717UCLD3-1FB30D08F1D2B2AAAECF49D262E8E707.exe.
- Switch off your Galaxy Note.
- Boot into Download Mode. You can do this by pressing and holding down the Volume Down and Power buttons.
- Connect your phone to your PC via USB cable.
- Once you connected your phone to your PC, you should get an “Added” message in one of Odin’s message box. Ensure Odin recognizes your phone. If you are successful, you should see something like “0:[COM#]” in Odin’s first box.
- Click the Startbutton in Odin to start installing the UCLD3 firmware on your Galaxy Note. Wait for a couple of minutes, after which your phone should reboot itself a couple of times.
- If Odin freezes and doesn’t seem to be doing anything, do the following:
- Disconnect your phone from the PC.
- Close Odin.
- Remove the phone’s battery.
- Re-insert the phone’s battery.
- Repeat the procedure from step 7.
- Disconnect your phone.
Congratulations! You have successfully updated your AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note to Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware build UCLD3.