The international Samsung Galaxy Note's cousin, the AT&T Galaxy Note SGH-I717, has also been showered by bags of Jelly Bean through various custom ROMs developed for it. With the multitude of ROMs developed and released, picking out just one to try and flash to your phone will be rather tasking. One of the many ROMs you can try flashing to your AT&T Galaxy
Note is one from the Android Open Collective Project, otherwise known as the AoCP ROM.
Released by XDA Developers member Johnosndr80, the AoCP ROM for the AT&T Galaxy Note is a collection of sources from both CyanogenMod, AOKP, and the ROM's own modifications. Compiling sources from two of the most regarded custom ROMs, you can expect great things from this AoCP ROM.
But, then again, this ROM is undergoing further development so bugs and issues may still be present. One known issue noted by the developer is the loss of audio brought about by random rebooting during a call. The developer suggests that the ROM be re-flashed without factory reset to bring back the audio during a call.
This guide shows you how to flash the AoCP ROM for the Galaxy Note I717.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note, model number SGH-I717. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-I717 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Your phone's USB cable
- Download the following files to your computer:
- Make sure your phone's battery is charged up to 75% or more to avoid interruptions during the process.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the AoCP ROM package and the GApps package to your phone's internal SD card.
- Switch your phone off.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons together until the phone boots into ClockworkMod Recovery.
- NOTE: You can use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an option or item in recovery.
- Make a NANDroid backup of your ROM. To create a backup, go to Backup and Restore and select Backup.
- Select Wipe data/Factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen. Wait for the process to finish.
- Select Advanced > Wipe Dalvik cache. Wait for the process to finish.
- Select Format /system and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go back to the main recovery menu.
- Select Install ZIP From SD Card.
- Select Choose ZIP From SD Card and navigate to the AoCP ROM file. Select the file and confirm the action on the next screen to start installing the ROM to your phone.
- Once installation is complete, install the GApps package in the same manner as in steps 8 and 9.
- After installing the GApps package, select Go back and select Reboot system now. This will reboot your phone to the newly-installed AoCP ROM.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the AoCP CP4 ROM to your AT&T Galaxy Note I717. Liking the ROM so far? Let us know what you think.