The Jelly Bean-based Liquid Smooth custom ROM (also known as the Liquid Jelly Bean custom ROM) is now available for the AT&T Galaxy Note SGH-I717. Developed by ManelScout4Life, a member of XDA Developers, Liquid Jelly Bean brings with it a fitting “fluid” and smooth interface style and reliable UI from Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
The said ROM for the Galaxy Note I717 is a kang build of the official Liquid Jelly Bean custom ROM. This isn't an official ROM, so keep in mind that this lacks the stock Samsung ROM features. The Apollo music player and Bluetooth functionality still seem to have functionality issues, too.
This guide shows you how to install Liquid Jelly Bean ROM for the Galaxy Note I717.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note, model number SGH-I717. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note, SGH-I717 with TWRP Recovery.
- Download the following files:
- Liquid Jelly Bean ROM for AT&T Galaxy Note (Liquid-JB-v2.0-RC1-liquid_quincyatt-0906.zip, 93 MB)
- Google Apps package (gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip, 83.1 MB)
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the ROM and Google Apps packages to your phone's internal SD card.
- Turn off the phone.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery. To do this, press and hold the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons together. When the screen turns on, let go of the Power button, but keep holding the Volume buttons until you enter TWRP Recovery.
- Backup your existing ROM. To perform a backup, tap on Backup, then slide the blue circle button at the bottom to the right to start backing up your current ROM.
- Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Select Wipe, then select Factory Reset and then confirm the data wipe.
- Select Install. Select the ROM's ZIP file and confirm that you want to install it.
- When installation finishes, select Install again, then select the gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip file to install the Google apps package.
- Select Reboot system now to restart your phone into the new ROM. The first boot under the new ROM may take up to 5 minutes.
Excellent! You have now installed Liquid Jelly Bean on your AT&T Galaxy Note SGH-I717.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.