Way back in 2011, Samsung promised its consumers that the Galaxy S2 and the Galaxy Note would be part of the first few devices to receive the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) update. Since then, Samsung has partially fulfilled its promise with the Galaxy S2 already receiving the update. However, the Galaxy Note’s update was pushed back a couple of months, with Samsung promising extra features to be added in the form of the “Premium Suite” update.
With the new update almost reaching its target release date, numerous leaks have already been spotted in the wild and, in turn, have been ported to work on the Galaxy Note. The latest of which is the ICS firmware build ZCLP6 that has been ported to run smoothly on the Galaxy Note.
XDA Developers member xaoc747 was kind enough to repack the update along with its juicy goodness into one flashable ZIP file for Galaxy Note owners. And, yeah, the dev notes that the repacked firmware is also pre-rooted, so you should have root access even after you flash this ROM.
So, if you still can’t wait for the official Ice Cream Sandwich update, then check out the guide below to install the ZCLP6 firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Note.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Note, model number GT-N7000. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Download the ZCLP6 leaked ICS firmware (05_alba_zclp6_ics_full_repack_v3_997e3.zip, md5sum: caf909a074648f227423cf9161a66600) from here , here, or here, and save it to your PC.
- Connect your Galaxy Note to your PC with the aid of the USB cable.
- Copy the downloaded file to the root of your phone’s internal /sdcard.
- Disconnect your phone from your PC.
- Switch off your phone.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. You can do this by pressing and holding down the Volume Up and Power button.
- Inside ClockworkMod Recovery, perform a wipe:
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset, then select Yes on the next screen that follows to confirm factory reset.
- Select Wipe Cache then select Yes on the screen that follows to confirm wiping of cache.
- Head back to main ClockworkMod Recovery Menu.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD Card and browse for the downloaded ROM package and select it. Confirm the installation by selecting Yes on the screen that follows. It may take 5-10 minutes for the installation process to finish.
- Select Go Back to head back to the main recovery menu.
- Select Reboot System now to reboot your phone.
Congratulations! You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 to the leaked Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware build ZCLP6.
Paul and I.T. are synonyms. If you need help with I.T.-related stuff, call on Paul. His experience with Android phones goes way back to the ancient single-core-phone days. But, he keeps himself up to date, so now he has a dual-core beast in his pocket, and is looking forward to getting his first quad-core monster, and when it comes, his first eight-core phone. Perhaps he should be called Mr. X-Core, where "X" equals the number of CPU cores.