Owning a Galaxy Note GT-N7000 has always been one of the things I'm proud of. The phone-slash-tablet has been very useful in various ways, especially with the use of its S Pen. The phablet received Android 4.0.4 updates just recently and is slated to get a Jelly Bean update soon, probably Q4 of this year.
Waiting, sometimes, is good but if you are really itching to have Jelly Bean on your Galaxy Note GT-N7000, this ROM will probably sate your hunger. This official preview build of CyanogenMod 10 (CM10) for the Galaxy Note has been released by XDA Developers member XpLoDWilD and it has both the features of Jelly Bean and CyanogenMod 10. Jelly Bean features like Google Now and a smooth-as-butter interface are now available for you to experience on your phablet.
This CM10 ROM is a preview build and is still undergoing development for other CM10 features to be incorporated. It is not yet recommended for daily use.
In this guide, learn how to upgrade the Galaxy Note N7000 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via CyanogenMod 10 (official preview).
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Note, model number GT-N7000. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 running on CyanogenMod 9 or any AOSP-based ROM with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Your phone's USB cable.
- Download the following files to your computer:
- Jelly Bean CM10 Preview #4 ROM package (cm-10-20120820-PREVIEW-n7000.zip, md5sum: cdc550401d0ca8da4380f4d7b6ea6f30)
- GApps (Google Apps) package (gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip, md5sum: f62cfe4a827202899919fd932d5246d7)
- Make sure your phone's battery is charged up to 75% or more to avoid interruptions during the process.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the CyanogenMod 10 ROM and the GApps package to your phone's internal SD card.
- Switch your phone off and boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, press and hold down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons together until the screen turns on.
- NOTE: While in recovery, you can use the Volume keys to navigate and the power button to select options.
- Make a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. To create a backup, head on to Backup and Restore and select Backup.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card. Select Choose ZIP from SD card and locate the CM10 ZIP file. Select the file and confirm the action the action on the next screen to start installing the ROM on your phone.
- After installation of the ROM is done, install the GApps package in the same manner as in step 4.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen. Wait for the process to finish.
- Select Go back and choose Reboot system now. This will reboot your phone to the newly installed ROM.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the CyanogenMod 10 preview ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000. Enjoy Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean features ahead of everyone else.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.