With a device as popular as the Galaxy Note 2, finding ROMs shouldn't be a big problem. The thing is, with different developers porting really nice ROMs from other devices, these ROMs may not be very stable. XDA Developers member Wildchild, however, has a beautifully stable port of his Xquizit N2 ROM for your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889.
The Xquizit ROM is fully deodexed and zipaligned. The developer added Root Permission, SuperUser, Busybox, and Init.d support. It is less bloated than the regular Note 2 ROM and is Carrier IQ free! The ROM comes with 4-way boot, Higher Volume Mod, Awesome Beats, AOSP v4.2 keyboard, and many other cool features. Flash this ROM and check it out by following our guide below.
This guide shows you how to flash XquiziT N2 ROM for the Galaxy Note 2 T889.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2, model number SGH-T889. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889 with custom recovery. For help, see these guides:
- Download the following to your computer:
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy XquiziT N2 ROM and XquiziT N2 Kitchen ZIP files to your phone's SD card.
- Turn your phone off.
- Boot your phone to custom recovery. To do this, press and hold down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons until the screen turns on.
- Note: If you're using a non-touch custom recovery, use the Volume Keys to navigate through options and the Power button to select an option.
- Create a NANDroid Backup. Select Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Perform a full wipe by doing the following:
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition > Yes.
- Select Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache > Yes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP from SD Card > Locate and select XquiziT N2 ROM file > Yes.
- Select Go Back > Reboot System Now.
- Once fully booted into Android, reboot back to custom recovery by repeating step 3.
- Repeat step 6 and flash XquiziT N2 Kitchen file.
- Choose from the available options to further customize your ROM.
- Once you're done, reboot your phone.
Congratulations! You have successfully flashed the XquiziT N2 ROM on your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889. Don't forget to update your binary by running SuperSU. Enjoy!
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.