Star Wars is one of the most iconic movies in history. It has inspired many authors, artists, and Android developers to create their own masterpieces in honor of a great piece of science fiction. ptmr3, one of the many recognized contributors at the XDA Developers Forum and possibly a Jedi Master, has created the Jedi Master ROM for all you T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889 Padawans out there.
This ROM is rooted, deodexed, partially debloated, and zipaligned. It comes with CPU Sleeper, SuperSU, BusyBox, and Sony's Bravia Engine. To complement your journey to the light side of the Android force, the ROM has Walkman Music, Awesome BEATS, and Jedi Ringtones. There are several tweaks that the developer has added to allow you to feel the Force.
This guide shows you how to flash Jedi Master ROM for the Galaxy Note 2 T889.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2, model number SGH-T889. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. For help, see these guides:
- Download the Jedi Master ROM (JediMaster7.zip, 732 MB)
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the Jedi Master ROM ZIP file to your phone's internal SD card.
- Turn your phone off.
- Boot to ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, press and hold down Volume Up, Home, and the Power buttons until recovery boots. Use the Volume keys to move through options and the Power button to select an option.
- Create a NANDroid Backup. Go to Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Perform a wipe by doing the following:
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes.
- Select Mounts and Storage > Format /System > Yes.
- Install the ROM. Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP from SD Card > Locate and select the Jedi Master ZIP file > Yes.
- Once the ROM has been installed, do the following:
- Select Wipe Cache Partition > Yes.
- Select Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache > Yes.
- Select Advanced > Fix Permissions > Yes.
- Select Go Back > Reboot System Now and let your phone sit for 10 minutes.
- Reboot your phone.
Great job! You have successfully flashed the Jedi Master ROM on your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889. You can flash the add-ons if you want to fully customize your Jedi Master upgrade. Enjoy the ROM and may the light side of the Android Force be with you.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.