The thrill of modding and flashing custom ROMs is just one of the things that you can get addicted to once you own an Android device and learns the ropes for unleashing its capabilities. Believe it or not, there are hardcore Android users who have admitted to being “flashaholics.” They hang out in threads and forums, ready to attack whenever new ROMs are released for their devices.
On the other hand, some Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 owners have also expressed that, since owning the phone, flashing custom ROMs hasn't been on the top of their minds. The Galaxy Note 2 is one monster of a phone superb processing power, display, and features, so staying on its stock ROM is enough for most users. Flashaholics, however, still want to install custom ROMs, whatever their device is. If you're one such flashaholic, you're in luck because today's guide is perfect for sating your flashing needs.
Developed and released by XDA Developers member boyppc, the WP8 Style ROM assures stability, fast performance, and a Windows Phone 8 launcher. It is based on the XXALJ7 firmware and sports a new lock screen and dock on top of RAM and speed optimizations.
This guide shows you how to flash WP8 Style ROM for the Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, model number GT-N7100. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. For pointers, check our guides:
- Your phone's USB cable.
- Download any of the WP8 Style ROM packages to your computer ([ROM] N7100_WP8 Style_NavigationBar_iOS icon.zip, 747.4 MB)
- Make sure your phone's battery is charged up to 75% or more to avoid interruptions during the process.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the ROM package to your phone's SD card.
- Switch your phone off.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, press and hold down the Home, Volume Up, and Power keys together until the phone boots into recovery.
- NOTE: You can use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an item or option in recovery.
- Make a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. Go to Backup and Restore and select Backup.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Wipe cache partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Advanced and select Wipe Dalvik cache. Confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD card and navigate to the ROM's ZIP file. Select the file and confirm the action to start installing the ROM to your phone.
- Once installation is done, select Go back and select Reboot system now. This will reboot your phone to the newly installed ROM on your Galaxy Note 2.
Awesome! You have successfully installed the WP8 Style ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100. Liking the ROM? Let us know if there are things worth taking note of by leaving a comment below.