Development for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 has been gradually speeding up as custom ROMs and other hacks and mods begin to populate the forums and developer community sites. A number of custom ROMs have been developed. Brilliant developers are clearly amped up and ready to provide numerous alternatives for owners of the said superphablet.
One of the custom ROMs released for the Galaxy Note 2 is the WanamLite ROM. XDA Developers member wanam has released WanamLite ROMs for the Galaxy S2 and S3 and now, he has built a version for the Galaxy Note 2.
The ROM promises stability, optimized performance, and longer battery life, so if these are some of the criteria you look for in a ROM, you might want to try flashing this to your phone. The ROM's most recent version is also based on the latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build XXALJ3.
This guide shows you how to flash WanamLite ROM for the Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, model number GT-N7100. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. For help with custom recovery, see these guides:
- Your phone's USB cable.
- Download the WanamLite XXALJ1 V1.1 ROM package (GT-N7100_WanamLite.XXALJ3.V1.2.NO-WIPE.zip, md5sum: A3995557C7F49024BC5CE5C733CB0300)
- Make sure that your phone's battery is charged up to 75% to avoid interruptions during the process.
- Backup all personal data on your device to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the WanamLite ROM package to your phone's internal SD card.
- Turn your phone off and boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, press and hold the Home, Volume Up, and Power buttons together until the screen turns on. The phone will then boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
- NOTE: You can use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an option in recovery.
- Make a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. To create a backup, go to Backup and Restore and choose Backup.
- Select Install ZIP From SD Card.
- Select Choose ZIP From SD Card and locate the WanamLite ROM's ZIP file. Select the file and confirm the action on the next screen to start flashing the ROM to your phone.
- Once installation of the ROM is done, select Go back and select Reboot system now. This will reboot your phone to the newly installed WanamLite ROM.
Great job! You have successfully installed the WanamLite ROM to your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100. How do you find the ROM so far? Anything worth taking note of?
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.