Some Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 users would rather stick to stock ROMs than flash custom ROMs, and frankly, we can't really blame them. The Galaxy Note 2 N7100 is already an awesome phone — UI-, hardware-, software-, and feature-wise.
Others would still want to venture to having their Galaxy Note 2 maximized further. Custom ROMs for the device have been rolling out, thanks to the developer community. One such ROM for the Galaxy Note 2 is the VeinDroid ROM.
Developed and released by XDA Developers member xator91, the ROM assures fluidity and stability. The ROM is still in its early stages, but so far, the dev has not mentioned any bugs.
This guide shows you how to flash VeinDroid ROM for the Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Note, model number GT-N7100. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. For help, check our guides:
- Your phone's USB cable
- Download the VeinDroid v1 ROM package (VeinDroid v1 Galaxy Note 2.zip, md5sum: 12137b1037ca742ee76ec74d1d145f71)
- Charge your phone's battery to 75% or more to avoid interruptions during the process.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the VeinDroid ROM package to your phone's internal SD card.
- Switch your phone off.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, press and hold the Home, Volume Up, and Power buttons together until the phone boots into ClockworkMod Recovery.
- NOTE: You can use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an item or option in recovery.
- Make a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. To create a backup, go to Backup and Restore and select Backup.
- Select Wipe data/Factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Wipe cache partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Advanced and select Wipe Dalvik cache. Confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD Card and navigate to the VeinDroid v1 Galaxy Note 2.zip file. Select the file and confirm the action on the next screen to start installing the ROM to your phone.
- Once installation is done, select Go back and select Reboot system now. This will reboot your phone to the newly installed VeinDroid ROM.
Great job! You have successfully flashed the VeinDroid v1 ROM to your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100. How do you find the ROM so far? Let us know what you think by leaving a comment below.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.