Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 owners will be happy to hear that there is another custom ROM that they can try on their phones. XDA Developers member iGio90 has released the JellyBam ROM for Samsung's newest super phablet.
The JellyBam ROM features cherry picks from some of today's greatest ROMs — AOKP, CyanogenMod 10, and ParanoidAndroid. The ROM also allows you to customize the color and alpha of the screen and enjoy custom home action and hardware buttons on the lockscreen. You'll be able to enjoy Google Apps without having to install the package as it is included in the ROM. If you are an avid YouTube user, you'll love this ROM's hacked 3G+Wi-Fi HD 720p playback feature. On top of that, you get to enjoy an eargasmic blast of sounds with Beats Audio, Clearbass Sound and xLoud by Sony, and Dolby Digital Sound.
This guide shows you how to flash JellyBam ROM for the Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, model number GT-N7100. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. For help, check our guides:
- Your phone's USB cable.
- Download the JellyBam ROM package (JELLYBAM-n7100-PAOKP10_v1.3.0.zip, md5sum: bda9893b1dfd1903f3be590a97656f6e):
- See to it that your phone's battery is charged up to 75% or more to avoid interruptions during the process.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the JellyBam ROM package to your phone's internal SD card.
- Switch your phone off.
- Boot your phone into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, press and hold down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons until the phone boots into recovery.
- NOTE: You can use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an item or option in recovery.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition. Confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD Card and navigate to the JELLYBAM-n7100-PAOKP10_v1.3.0.zip file. Select the file and confirm the action on the next screen.
- After installing the ROM, select Go Back and select Reboot System Now. This will reboot your phone to the newly installed JellyBam ROM.
Kudos! You have successfully installed the JellyBam ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100. Liking the ROM's performance so far? Let us know by leaving a comment below.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.