The buttery smooth user interface and the S Pen features are just some of the amazing features of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 that makes people fall in love with it. But, when it come to stock Samsung ROMs, you could always find some apps or features that you don't really need. Some people find such apps useful, but most others consider it waste. There's a word for such software — bloatware.
Fortunately, XDA Developers member DakiX created a bloatware-free ROM that is based on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean software version XXALJ1 for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100.
The ROM known as the Urban HD ROM offers a bloatware-free interface on the phablet. Here are some of the apps that have been removed from the ROM:
- AllShare Play
- Analog clock
- Digital clock
- Music Player
- S Suggest
- /media exchanges
- Samsung Apps
- SIM kit
- Dual clock
- All Samsung hubs
- Web manual
If you don't need these apps or features, then this ROM is worth a try. Aside from removing the bloatware, the developer also modified and tweaked the performance of the ROM. Some of the noticeable changes is the TouchWiz 5×6 user interface, smooth scrolling, Gallery tweaks, circle battery percentage, and many more.
This guide shows you how to flash Urban HD ROM for the Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, model number GT-N7100. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 with root access and ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- You can use this toolkit that will easily root and flash ClockworkMod Recovery on your Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
- Download the Urban HD V1.0 ROM (Urban HD V1.0_N7100.zip, 788 MB)
- Backup all personal data on your handset to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the Urban HD ROM to your phone's internal SD card.
- Switch off your handset.
- Reboot your handset into ClockworkMod Recovery. You can do that by pressing the Volume Up, Home, and Power key. When the Samsung logo appears on the screen, release the Power key but keep pressing the Volume Up and Home buttons until recovery boots.
- Create a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. Go to Backup and Restore and select Backup on the next screen.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Wipe cache partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go to the main menu and select Advanced. From there, select Wipe Dalvik cache and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD card and select the Urban HD ROM file. Confirm the action on the next screen to flash the ROM to your
- Go back to the main menu and select Reboot system now to reboot your handset.
Hooray! You have successfully flashed the Urban HD ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100. You will not find bloatware now on your handset.