Have you ever wanted to enjoy ParanoidAndroid upside down? Here's an interesting ROM for you. Members of Team Three Musketeers have been compiling ParanoidAndroid and tweaking it to suit their small circle of friends. Lucky for you, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 users, they have decided to share. XDA Developers member [vertigo] introduces Dark Passion, an unofficial and totally inverted version of ParanoidAndroid with a touch of CyanogenMod and some personal tweaks.
Dark Passion comes with the latest ParanoidAndroid update, Awesome Beats, Inverted Keyboard, and several other goodies that come with their update. While the ROM is made of awesome, there are still some glitches that the developers are getting around to discovering and fixing. One problem with the ROM is that some inverted apps try to update through the Play Store. This will result in some inverted apps reverting to their original look. The developers suggest turning off auto updates for some inverted apps to preserve the apps' inverted look.
This guide shows you how to flash Dark Passion ROM for the Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, model number GT-N7100. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Download the following to your computer:
- Dark Passion 2.55 (Dark_Passion_pa_n7100-2.55-16NOV2012.zip, md5sum: 80b87143053bc1fa32a82602f1c596e1)
- Inverted GApps (Vertigo's_Inverted_GApps-12-11-12.zip, md5sum: c1ec16366df20eb39891a16112880060)
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the Dark Passion 2.55 and the Inverted GApps files to your phone's internal SD card.
- Turn your Galaxy Note 2 off.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, press and hold down the Volume Up, Home, and the Power button at the same time until the screen turns on.
- Create a NANDroid backup. Select Recovery > Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes.
- Select Mounts and Storage > Format System > Yes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card > Choose ZIP from SD Card > Select Dark_Passion_pa_n7100-2.55-16NOV2012.zip > Yes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card > Choose ZIP from SD Card > Select Vertigo's_Inverted_GApps-12-11-12.zip > Yes.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition > Yes.
- Select Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache > Yes.
- Select Advanced > Fix Permissions > Yes.
- Select Go Back > Reboot System Now.
Congratulations! You have successfully flashed the Dark Passion ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100. Enjoy the inverted look and feel its dark passion.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.