If you've been trotting around the land of the XDA Developers Forum long enough, I'm sure you've encountered a plethora of ROMs for your device. From CyanogenMod to ParanoidAndroid, all of these ROMs come with highly stylized and customized themes and customizable settings.
To top it all off, these ROMs enhance your phone's performance. So, which ROM is best suited for your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100? You can try every single type until you find the one that suits you best. One more custom ROM that you can try is the Criskelo Team's ROM known as CriskeloRom NOTE II.
This deodexed ROM has been zipaligned, and comes with AppWidgetPicker, Roletube, and more tricks up its sleeves. It also comes with a sleek AOSP theme that is perfect for those who love the blue and black look. Version three of this ROM is out and the good news is, the Criskelo Team is still looking for ways to improve the ROM so expect more goodies in the latest versions.
This guide shows you how to flash CriskeloRom NOTE II for the Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, model number GT-N7100. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Download CriskeloROM V03 LJ2 Android 4.1.2 (CriskeloRom-NoteII-V03_MD5-.zip, md5sum: 85411e061493af1681452459909b9965)
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the Criskelo ROM to your phone's internal SD card.
- Turn your Galaxy Note 2 off.
- Boot to Recovery mode. Press and hold down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons at the same time until your screen turns on.
- Create a NANDroid backup. Select Recovery > Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Wipe your data. Do the following:
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition > Yes.
- Select Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache > Yes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card > Choose ZIP from SD card > select CriskeloRom-NoteII-V03_MD5-.zip > Yes.
- Select Go Back > Reboot System Now.
You have successfully flashed the Criskelo ROM to your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100. Great job!
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.