A lighter and faster ROM has just been developed and released for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100, the most-talked-about super phablet today. The Galaxy Note 2 is an awesome phone and I believe Samsung did a great job with it. Given its super processing power, extremely beautiful display, and great features, the Galaxy Note 2 is hands-down one monster of a phablet.
As for the lighter and faster ROM I mentioned, it is called the HyperNote ROM. It is lighter because it is just 243 MB and faster because it is based on the latest Jelly Bean firmware XXALJ3. This ROM wouldn't be possible without the efforts of the developer behind its release, XDA Developers member kristofpetho.
This guide shows you how to flash HyperNote ROM for the Galaxy Note 2.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, model number GT-N7100. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. For pointers, you may refer to our guides:
- Your phone's USB cable.
- Download the following files to your computer:
- See to it that your phone's battery is charged up to 75% or more to avoid interruptions during the process.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the HyperNote v0.4 ROM package and the Radio package to your phone's internal SD card.
- Switch your phone off.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, press and hold the Home, Volume Up, and Power buttons together until the screen turns on and the phone boots into recovery.
- NOTE: You can use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an item or option in recovery.
- Make a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. To create a backup, go to Backup and Restore and select Backup.
- Select Wipe data/Factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD Card and navigate to the HyperNote_v0.4.zip file. Select the file and confirm the action on the next screen to start installing the ROM to your phone.
- Once installation of the ROM is done, install the Radio package in the same manner as in steps 6 and 7.
- After installing the Radio package, select Go back and select Reboot system now. This will reboot your phone to the newly installed HyperNote ROM.
Awesome! You have successfully installed the HyperNote ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.