Let's face it. We all want added battery power for our Android devices, especially when we use them all the time. Heavy gaming, Internet browsing, and media consumption definitely eats up a lot of our device's battery, all the more when we use it to converse with people for over more than 5 hours or so. Luckily, there are some ROMs that, apart from bringing standard custom ROM goodness, also have added features, such as enhanced battery life.
From XDA Developers member Hendrickson, the Battery Plus ROM package is based on software build XXALJ3 and promises better battery performance on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100. Aside from mixing in better battery performance, the ROM also features a user interface in 240 DPI, which looks great on the Galaxy Note 2. If you are interested to have your Note 2 run on more battery juice and a great-looking UI, try this ROM out. So far, the dialer and the calculator are the only things that don't fit the screen.
This guide shows you how to flash Battery Plus ROM for the Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, model number GT-N7100. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. For pointers, check our guides:
- Your phone's USB cable.
- Download the following files to your computer:
- Make sure your phone's battery is charged up to 75% or more to avoid interruptions during the process.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the Battery ROM v0.2 package and the Patch 1 package to your phone's internal SD card.
- Switch your phone off.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, press and hold down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons until the phone boots into ClockworkMod Recovery.
- NOTE: You can use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an item or option in recovery.
- Make a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. To create a backup, go to Backup and Restore and select Backup.
- Select Wipe data/Factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Wipe cache partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Advanced and select Wipe Dalvik cache. Wait for the process to finish.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD Card and navigate to the BatteryPlusRom_0.2v.zip file. Select the file and confirm the action on the next screen to start installing the ROM on your phone.
- Once installation of the ROM is done, install the Patch 1 package in the same manner as in steps 8 and 9.
- After applying the patch, select Go back and select Reboot system now. This will reboot your phone to the newly installed Battery ROM.
- Using ClockworkMod Recovery, delete your phone's battery stats. To do this, go to Advanced and select Wipe Battery Stats. Fully charge your phone to see results with the ROM's added battery performance enhancement.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the Battery Plus ROM on your Galaxy Note 2. Having good results with your battery so far? Let us know by leaving a comment below.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.