Development for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 has been pouring nonstop over at the XDA Developers Forums. Most are already content with the phone's stock UI and stock OS, the delectable Jelly Bean, topped with fast processing power. But, some of you may still want to experience some new things on your Galaxy Note 2, apart from its already-there smooth and fast performance.
The Android Revolution HD ROM is definitely a ROM you should try out. Developed by XDA Developers member mike1986, the ROM is based on stock firmware but optimized and enhanced further to give you more smoothness and rock stability. If you are looking for something that can maximize your beastly device, try this ROM out.
This guide shows you how to install Android Revolution HD ROM for the Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, model number GT-N7100. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. For pointers, check our guides:
- Your phone's USB cable.
- Download the following files to your computer:
- Android Revolution HD 4.1 ROM package (Android_Revolution_HD-Note2_4.1.zip, md5sum: BAE232E951D40CFC2DB112668540433D)
- Super Wipe Script package (Android_Revolution_HD_Super_Wipe_Note_2.zip, 150 kB)
- See to it that your phone's battery is charged up to 75% or more to avoid interruptions during the process.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the Android Revolution HD 4.1 ROM package and the Super Wipe Script package to your phone's internal SD card.
- Switch your phone off.
- Boot your phone to ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, press and hold down the Home, Volume Up, and Power keys together until the phone boots into recovery.
- NOTE: You can use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an item or option in recovery.
- Make a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. To create a backup, go to Backup and Restore and select Backup.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD Card and navigate to the Super Wipe Script ZIP file. Select the file and confirm the action on the next screen to erase and format your phone's data, system, and cache partition.
- After wiping and formatting your phone, install the Android Revolution HD 4.1 ROM package in the same manner as in steps 5 and 6.
- Once installation of the ROM is done, select Go back and select Reboot system now. This will reboot your phone to the newly installed Android Revolution HD ROM.
Awesome! You have successfully installed the Android Revolution HD 4.1 ROM on your Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100. What do you think of the ROM? Leave a comment below.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.