We spend a lot of time customizing the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8013. We flash custom ROMs or even overclocked kernels that enhance the tablet's performance. But, after a few times customizing the tablet, we somehow miss the plain old stock kernel and recovery that came with the tablet out of the box.
Luckily, XDA Developers members compiled stock recovery images and stock kernels for the Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8013 for builds UEALGB and UEALH2. Flashing these files will bring back the plain stock experience on your tablet.
This guide shows you the steps for reverting the Galaxy Note 10.1 N8013 to stock recovery and kernel.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, model number GT-N8013. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8013
- A Windows PC
- Handset USB drivers installed on the PC. You may install the drivers by installing Samsung Kies.
- Enable USB debugging on your handset.
- Disable antivirus, firewall, and other security software. Also disable Samsung Kies and other software that accesses your phone. Such software can interfere with the procedure in this guide.
- Download the kernel and recovery TAR files of the build of your choice:
- Download Odin3 v1.85 (Odin3-v1.85.zip, 199 kB)
- Backup all personal data on your tablet to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Extract the contents of Odin3-v1.85.zip onto your computer.
- Go to the extracted folder and double-click Odin3 v1.85.exe to launch Odin on your computer.
- Turn off your tablet and make sure it is not connected to the computer.
- Reboot your tablet into Download Mode. You can do that by pressing and holding down the Power button and Volume Down key until a “Warning” message appears on the screen. Press the Volume Up key to enter Download Mode.
- Connect your tablet to the computer and allow the drivers to install. You will see the “Added!!” message in Odin. If it doesn’t appear, make sure you have properly installed the USB drivers for your tablet.
- Click the PDA button in Odin. Locate the TAR file of either the stock recovery or the stock kernel for your tablet.
- NOTE: Do not make any other changes on Odin. Doing so may brick your tablet.
- Click the Start button in Odin to start flashing the file to your tablet.
- Your tablet will automatically reboot. You will also see the “PASS” message on Odin.
- Once the Samsung logo appears on the screen, you can disconnect your tablet from the computer.
Congratulations! You have successfully reverted back to stock recovery and stock kernel on your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8013.