Adding a mod, applying a theme, or changing the layout of your device's interface is made possible in deodexed ROMs. If you're looking for a way to customize your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8013, you're in luck because this article is about flashing a stock deodexed UECLK8 ROM for your tablet.
XDA developers member Darkman_RS based his deodexed ROM from the stock UECLK8 ROM for the Galaxy Note 10.1. All the stock apps and features are still present in the ROM giving you the freedom to choose the features you want to add on your phone. Aside from making the ROM customizable, the ROM is also pre-rooted so you can flash mods that need root access.
This guide shows you how to flash rooted Android 4.1.2 UECLK8 for the Galaxy Note 10.1 N8013.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, model number GT-N8013. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8013 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed
- Download the stock, rooted, and deodexed UECLK8 (N8013-UECIK8-ARCLK8-XAR-deodexed.zip, md5sum: 7b70cd450194794543d75d58304e807e)
- Backup all personal data on your tablet to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the ROM ZIP file to your tablet's SD card.
- Switch off your tablet.
- Boot the tablet into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do that, press the Volume Up and Power buttons. When the screen turns on, release the Power button but still keep holding the Volume Up key until recovery boots.
- Create a NANDroid backup. Select Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition > Yes.
- Select Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache > Yes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP from SD Card > select the ROM ZIP file > Yes.
- Select Go Back > Reboot System Now.
Congratulations! You have successfully flashed the stock, rooted, and deodexed UECLK8 ROM to the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8013.