For you to fully customize the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8010, you need to use a deodexed ROM. With this type of ROM, you can easily apply mods and themes on your tablet. In this way, you can customize your stock ROM without the need to flash another custom ROM on your Galaxy Note 10.1.
XDA Developers member Darkman_RS shares a deodexed stock Android 4.1 Jelly Bean XXBLK9 ROM for the Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010. This is a deodexed ROM so you can add mods and themes while retaining its stock features such as Samsung Apps, S Pen support, and Multi-window feature. The developer also added root access so you can flash mods or apps that require root access.
This guide shows you how to flash stock, rooted Jelly Bean ROM for the Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, model number GT-N8010. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8010 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. For help, you can check our guide on how to root the Galaxy Note 10.1 and install ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Download the stock, rooted, and deodexed Android 4.1 Jelly Bean build XXBLK9 (N8010-XXBLK9-XABLK9-DBT-deodexed.zip, md5sum: 1eab98f2d10f20bfd8ac1971fd10efb7)
- Backup all personal data on your tablet to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the ROM ZIP file to your tablet's SD card.
- Switch off your tablet.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do that, press the Volume Up and Power buttons. When the screen turns on, release the Power button but still keep holding the Volume Up key until recovery boots.
- Create a NANDroid backup. Select Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition > Yes.
- Select Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache > Yes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP from SD Card > select the ROM ZIP file > Yes.
- Select Go Back > Reboot System Now.
Congratulations! You have successfully flashed the stock, rooted, and deodexed Android 4.1 Jelly Bean XXBLK9 ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8010.