It's always great to see Android development for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000. There's so little of it but when there is, you can expect great things, most especially when three developers team up. XDA Developers members Chrack, Freddy1973, and Darktrooper have joined forces under the name of Team Union to work on the Galaxy Note 10.1.
Their ROM of the same name has been rooted, deodexed, and zipaligned. It also has BusyBox and SuperSU installed. You can enjoy 4 ways to reboot, sending an SMS to over 100 recipients, a 1% battery mod, Nova Launcher, and a whole lot more.
If you're not fond of some of the features, don't worry because the developers have included AROMA Installer to flash the ROM. This means that you can enjoy over 5 ROM options. You can flash the small version with all the mods but with some apps trimmed, the extremely small version with all the mods but only for German users as all other languages have been deleted, two custom versions where you can decide what apps and mods you want on your ROM, and the fifth option that deletes all the mods and the blue theme without flashing the complete ROM again.
This guide shows you how to flash Team Union ROM for the Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, model number GT-N8000. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A rooted Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N8000 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Download the Team Union ROM (Team_Union_Rom_XXBLJ9_v3.zip, md5sum: 8A23F673FAA83BF321452FB74BE99E82) to your computer.
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the Team Union ROM to your Galaxy Note 10.1′s internal SD card.
- Turn off your Galaxy Note 10.1.
- Boot into Recovery Mode by holding the Volume Up and Power buttons for a few seconds. When the Samsung logo flashes the second time, release the Power button but keep holding down Volume Up until the ClockworkMod Recovery menu appears.
- Make a NANDroid Backup. Select Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition > Yes.
- Select Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache > Yes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card > Choose ZIP from SD card > select the Team Union ROM > Yes.
- Choose your apps and mods from the AROMA Installer. Follow the installation prompts.
Congratulations! You've just flashed the Team Union ROM to your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000. How are you liking the ROM so far? Let us know by leaving a comment below.