If you spend enough time on the Internet, you'll learn to do just about anything. XDA Developers member B-1P, for example, wanted to experience ParanoidAndroid on the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000 and GT-N8013 but with such slim pickings, B-1P decided to personally port ParanoidAndroid and share it with us.
This unofficial ParanoidAndroid ROM lets Galaxy Note 10.1 users enjoy being able to manually customize their tablet's interface via ParanoidAndroid settings. You can switch between UI modes and adjust app sizes, allowing you to get really comfortable with your tablet.
It's important to note that B-1P's ParanoidAndroid ROM is not perfect. Flashing this ROM will remove Samsung apps, such as S Note, but the S Pen will still work with apps such as Photoshop, Sketchbook Pro, and Lecture Notes. Users, however, have reported that the ROM works fine, even after two weeks of use.
This guide shows you how to flash ParanoidAndroid ROM for the Galaxy Note 10.1.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, model number GT-N8000 or GT-N8013. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000 or GT-N8013 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed
- Download the ParanoidAndroid ROM for your Galaxy Note 10.1′s model:
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the ParanoidAndroid ROM to your Galaxy Note 10.1′s SD card.
- Turn off your Galaxy Note 10.1.
- Boot your tablet into Recovery Mode by holding the Volume Up and Power buttons for a few seconds. When the Samsung logo flashes the second time, release the Power button but keep holding down Volume Up until the ClockworkMod Recovery menu appears.
- Make a NANDroid Backup by selecting Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Confirm on the next screen.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP from SD Card > locate and select the ParanoidAndroid ROM > Yes.
- Select Go Back > Reboot System Now.
Congratulations! Your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000 or GT-N8013 now has ParanoidAndroid! How are you liking the ROM so far? Let us know by leaving a comment below.