The thing that I liked most about the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000 is that you can customize the tablet's interface. Especially when using a deodexed ROM, you can easily alter the tablet's interface and flash mods while still keeping the features of the stock ROM.
Kudos to XDA Developers member Darkman_RS for providing a deodexed Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM for the Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000. With this ROM, you can easily install custom themes and mods and make some changes to the tablet's interface. The ROM is based on the tablet's stock ROM, so basically all the stock features are retained while you customize your tablet's interface. The ROM is also rooted so you gain full access and fully customize the tablet.
This guide shows you how to flash stock, rooted Jelly Bean ROM for the Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, model number GT-N8000. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. For help, check our guide on how to root the Galaxy Note 10.1 and install ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Download the stock, rooted, and deodexed Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM of your choice:
- Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean XXBLJ9 (deodexed) for Germany (N8000-XXBLJ9-XABLJ9-DBT-deodexed.zip, md5sum: 734afededd6faa8e6f5678a006ba7cd5)
- Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean XXBLK2 (deodexed) for Nordic countries (N8000-XXBLK2-XXBLJ2-NEE-deodexed.zip, 825.2 MB)
- Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXCLL3 (deodexed) for Austria, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Switzerland, United Kingdom (N8000-XXCLL3-XACLL3-DBT-deodexed.zip, md5sum: 7650f70de43ad70bd0124fb3810dc4b3)
- Backup all personal data on your tablet to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the appropriate ROM ZIP file to your tablet's SD card.
- Switch off your tablet.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do that, press the Volume Up and Power buttons. When the screen turns on, release the Power button but still keep holding the Volume Up key until recovery boots.
- Create a NANDroid backup. Select Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Select Wipe Data/ Factory Reset > Yes.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition > Yes.
- Select Advanced > select Wipe Dalvik Cache > Yes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP from SD Card > select the ROM ZIP file > Yes.
- Select Go Back > Reboot System Now.
Congratulations! You have successfully flashed the stock, rooted, and deodexed Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000.