The sweetness of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean continues to entice more Android users, making them crave for the goodies brought by this premier Google mobile operating system. Bringing this goodness to the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 WiFi+3G GT-N8000, which launched with Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich onboard, definitely gives the device that brand new feel.
Enter CyanogenMod 10 for the Galaxy Note 10.1. This ROM is based on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean and comes with great performance improvements and customizations while letting you experience pure Jelly Bean features.
This ROM is still under development and there are a few issues that need to be fixed such as an unstable camera, semi-broken Wi-Fi tethering and some audio problems, but it's working fine and it's okay for everyday use.
This guide shows you how to upgrade the Galaxy Note 10.1 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via CyanogenMod 10 (unofficial).
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Wi-Fi+3G, model number GT-N8000. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Wi-Fi+3G GT-N8000 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Backup all personal data on your tablet to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Download the following files to your computer:
- Copy the CyanogenMod 10 ROM and GApps package ZIP files to the internal SD card of your tablet.
- Turn off your tablet.
- Reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery by pressing the Power and Volume Up buttons at the same time. When the screen turns on, let go of the Power button but keep on pressing the Volume Up button until recovery boots.
- NOTE: While in recovery, use the Volume buttons to navigate through options and the Power button to select option.
- Create a NANDroid backup of your current ROM just in case you want to revert to it after you install this ROM. Go to Backup and Restore and select Backup on the next screen. Go back to the main recovery menu once the backup is complete.
- Go to Install ZIP from SD card then Choose ZIP from SD card and select the CyanogenMod 10 ROM file.
- Once the installation of the ROM is complete, repeat step 6 but this time choose the GApps package file to install it.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go back to the main recovery menu and reboot your tablet by choosing Reboot system now.
- The first boot up may take a few minutes so just be patient.
Great! You've just installed CyanogenMod 10 on your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000. Stay tuned for more developments in the next few days.
Ken is an expert on management and is currently engrossed with his newly started adventure in logistics management. But, that's only his second love. His first love, of course, and without being mushy when this is said, is Android.