Official CyanogenMod 9 (CM9) nightly builds have set foot on the Sprint Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 starting in April this year. Believing that CM9 builds for the Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 often tended to be irregular, XDA Developers member swordrune10 decided to created unofficial nightly builds for the Sprint Galaxy Nexus.
According to the developer, the nightlies are still official CyanogenMod 9, and being so, users who flash builds either from swordrune10 or the official CM9 team won’t need to wipe phone data when switching between build sources. Further, the dev notes that the unofficial nightlies are practically identical to the official nightlies, except that the build script changes the CM version to make the builds reflect nightly build versions.
CyanogenMod 9, with features like theme chooser, custom activity, custom applications, lock screen shortcuts, Bluetooth USB dongle support, USB GPS support, and many more, is a crowd favorite all over the world. To learn how to keep your Sprint Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 up-to-date with the latest unofficial CM9 nightly build, check out the rest of this guide.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with Sprint’s Samsung Galaxy Nexus, model number SPH-L700. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Sprint Galaxy Nexus with unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Download the latest unofficial CyanogenMod 9 nightly from the team-keyblade repository. Download the most up-to-date cm-ics-XXXXXXXX-SWORDKITCHEN-toroplus.zip file (where XXXXXXXX is the date of the build). Make sure you download a file ending in “toroplus.zip”.
- Download the GApps (Google Apps) package (gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip, md5sum: 7c524e1e078164f681e0aa6753180b2c).
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Maintain a battery charge of 70% or more to make sure that you have sufficient power for the entire procedure.
- Copy cm-ics-XXXXXXXX-SWORDKITCHEN-toroplus.zip and gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip file to the root of your Sprint Galaxy Nexus’ SD card.
- Switch off your mobile phone.
- Reboot your phone into ClockworkMod Recovery Mode. You can do that by pressing and holding the Volume Up key, Volume Down key, and Power button until bootloader boots.
- NOTE: Once in Bootloader Mode, use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an option.
- From the bootloader menu, select Recovery to boot into recovery mode.
- Perform a full wipe by doing the following (you can skip this step if you came from the previous versions of this ROM):
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select Advance. From there, select Wipe Dalvik Cache and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP from SD Card and locate the cm-ics-XXXXXXXX-SWORDKITCHEN-toroplus.zip file. Confirm the action on the next screen to flash the ROM to your mobile phone.
- Once installation is complete, go back to the main menu and flash the gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip package in the same manner as in step 6.
- Once complete, go back to the main menu and select Reboot System Now to reboot your mobile phone.
Good job! You have successfully flashed the latest unofficial CyanogenMod 9 nightly custom ROM on your Sprint Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700.