If you’re looking for a custom ROM for your new Sprint Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700, you won’t need to look any further. Another CyanogenMod 9 ROM has been released and this time it’s for your phone. You’ll be getting lots of customization options as well as performance enhancement from this ROM.
CyanogenMod ROMs are among users’ favorites when it comes to more customization options and performance enhancement in a ROM. It is precisely why a lot of people search for CyanogenMod stuff most of the time. As the Sprint Galaxy Nexus hits the market, custom kernels and two custom recoveries (TWRP 2.1 and ClockworkMod Recovery) are already waiting to be flashed.
The CyanogenMod 9 ROM for the Sprint Galaxy Nexus is still an early build, so expect bugs and issues.The ROM, however, is stable enough to be a daily driver. The developers haven’t put up a definitive list of issues, so the only way to know what needs resolving is by trying CyanogenMod 9 ROM out. Let’s just hope that developer can roll out the fixes soon. If you want to try this ROM, see the instructions below to flash this to your Sprint Galaxy Nexus.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Sprint Galaxy Nexus. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Copy the CyanogenMod 9 and Google Apps ZIP files to the root of your phone’s internal SD card.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot your phone into ClockworkMod Recovery by pressing the Power, Volume Up, and Volume Down keys to enter Fastboot Mode then select the Recovery option.
- Create a Nandroid backup of your current OS. Go to Back up and Restore > Backup.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes.
- Select Wipe Cache > Yes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card. Select the CyanogenMod 9 package in order to flash it.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card again, but this time choose the Google Apps package.
- Once the installation is done, select Go Back and reboot your phone by choosing Reboot System Now.
Congratulations! Your Sprint Galaxy Nexus is now running on CyanogenMod 9. Let us know how it’s working out for you by leaving us a comment.
Ken is an expert on management and is currently engrossed with his newly started adventure in logistics management. But, that's only his second love. His first love, of course, and without being mushy when this is said, is Android.