There seems to be no end to the Jelly Bean madness, but who would want it to? Android 4.1 Jelly Bean packs some of the best features and it's for that reason why many people are dying to get their hands on this sugary goodness. This time, it's XDA Developers member maddoggin who's cooked up a Jelly Bean ROM based on build JRO03H of Jelly Bean with some features cherry-picked from the CyanogenMod source code.
You can enjoy a number of features in the ROM such as an extended Power menu, CM-Power widgets, lockscreen targets, center clock mod, long-pressing to kill an app, and a whole lot more. If you're excited to experience these features for yourself, then keep reading for our list of requirements and the instructions on how to upgrade the Galaxy Nexus L700 to Jelly Bean build JRO03L.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Sprint Galaxy Nexus, model number SPH-L700. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Sprint Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 with an unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMod Recovery installed
- Download the Maddoggin Jelly Bean JRO03L custom ROM (Maddoggin-Jellybean-jb14.zip, 233 MB) to your computer.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the Maddoggin ROM file to your Sprint Galaxy Nexus' SD
- Turn off your Sprint Galaxy Nexus.
- Boot into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding down the Power, Volume Up, and Volume Down keys. You'll enter into Fastboot Mode where you'll see “START” written in big green letters. Use the Volume keys to highlight Recovery and select it using the Power button. Your phone will boot into ClockworkMod Recovery Mode.
- NOTE: In Recovery, navigate using the Volume keys and select options using the Power button.
- Make a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. Go to Backup and Restore and select Backup.
- Select Wipe data/factor reset. Confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Wipe cache partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD Card and locate the Maddoggin ROM file.
- Once the file has finished flashing, select Go back.
- Select Reboot system now.
Congratulations! You now have Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean build JRO03L on your Sprint Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700, courtesy of the Maddoggin custom ROM.