If you want to start customizing your brand new Samsung Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 on Sprint, we’ve got good news for you. The touch-based ClockworkMod Recovery is here and ready for you to download. You can flash custom kernels and scripts to your phone without overusing your phone’s Volume buttons or Power key.
The Sprint Galaxy Nexus is fresh from its grand release, yet many people are already excited to know what they can do with the device. I’m talking about installing custom kernels, mods and hacks. Without a doubt, a lot of developers are already working to create a decent custom kernel for the phone. But, before users can flash that, they must also have a decent custom recovery that they can use for flashing.
We’ve already featured how to install TWRP Recovery on the Sprint Galaxy Nexus (CDMA) SPH-L700 in another article. It seems that ClockworkMod Recovery just won’t let TWRP beat it on the Sprint Galaxy Nexus, as developers have released a touch-based ClockworkMod Recovery for the phone in just a short period.
If you want to try the touch-based ClockworkMod Recovery on your Sprint Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700, check out the requirements and instructions below.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Make sure that your battery has at least 50% charge to avoid interruption due to power loss.
- ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 220.127.116.11 (recovery-clockwork-toroplus-18.104.22.168-toroplus.img, md5sum: 618560973cece1f1ee3198a7ef5f4fed)
- Samsung USB drivers for your phone installed on your computer
- Your phone’s bootloader must be unlocked. Learn how.
- Fastboot (Fastboot.zip) package
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus on Sprint, model number SPH-L700. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Extract the Fastboot ZIP file to drive C: and you should get a Fastboot folder containing four files.
- Copy the recovery-clockwork-toroplus-22.214.171.124-toroplus.img file to the Fastboot folder.
- Turn off your phone completely.
- Connect your phone to your computer in Fastboot Mode, as follows: Plug the USB cable into your computer first. Then, while holding down the Volume Up and Volume Down keys, plug the other end of the cable into your phone.
- Open a command prompt on your computer and type in the following commands. Press Enter after each command:
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-toroplus-126.96.36.199-toroplus.img
- After the installation, enter the command below on the command prompt to reboot your phone:
Great! You can now install custom kernels in your Sprint Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 via the touch-based ClockworkMod Recovery. Enjoy being able to flash custom ROMs with your fingers.