If you are enjoying your Samsung Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 and feel like it's the best Android phone for you, then coming to this website to find ways to make your phone even faster and hipper is one of the wisest decisions you ever made.
The Sprint Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 is already a very mighty phone and owning one is quite a privilege. But, when you want to do more with your phone, given that it's an Android device, installing custom ROMs is definitely one thing you shouldn't overlook.
The international version of the Galaxy Nexus (GT-I9250) has already received an official Jelly Bean update and Sprint Galaxy Nexus owners are still waiting to have their devices sprinkled with the Jelly Bean goodness.
Waiting is kind of tiresome, especially when you feel so left out and other Android devices are getting their Jelly Bean updates. Throw all those insecurities away, for Team EOS has answered your silent plea in the form of a custom ROM.
The EOS 3 custom ROM is in the nightlies stage, so there may be a few bugs and issues. Just keep on checking the official development page to see updates for the ROM.
Follow the requirements and instructions below to upgrade Sprint Galaxy Nexus L700 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via the EOS 3 custom ROM.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, model number SPH-L700. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A Sprint Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 with unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Your phone's USB cable.
- Download the following files to your computer:
- Make sure your phone's battery is charged up to 75% or more to avoid interruptions during the process.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the EOS3 custom ROM package and the Jelly Bean GApps (Google Apps) package to your phone's SD card.
- Switch off your phone and boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, press and hold down the Power, Volume Up, and Volume Down keys until you see “Start” on the screen to enter Fastboot mode first. Navigate to Recovery Mode using the volume keys and select it using the Power button.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and confirm the action on the next screen. Wait until the process is done.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD Card and navigate to EOS-toroplus-20120723-33.zip file and select it. Confirm the action on the next screen to start installing the ROM on your phone.
- Once installation of the ROM is done, install the GApps package in the same manner as in steps 4 and 5.
- After installation, select Go Back and choose Reboot System Now. This will reboot your phone to the recently installed ROM.
- NOTE: To enable Voice Search in Google Now, go toSettings > Language Input > Speech > Voice Search. Click onDownload Offline Speech Recognition to download the speech pack you need.
Wasn't that easy? In just a few steps, your Sprint Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 is now faster and snazzier with the EOS 3 custom ROM.