The Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware build JRO03O packs the latest Android OS for your mobile phone and now it can be installed on your Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515. This ROM is a stock ROM leaked from Google's over-the-air servers. To answer your customization needs, this ROM comes pre-rooted, deodexed, zipaligned, and with BusyBox pre-installed. You can also install mods to enjoy additional features.
XDA Developers member mwalt2 shares this pre-rooted Android 4.1.1 JRO03O ROM for your Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515. The developer also shares some mods, such as the Extended Power Menu, Native Tethering, Facebook sync, and many more that unlock additional features in the ROM. In this guide, we will be only including the mods for the Extended Power Menu and Native Tethering. You can head over to the developer's support page, download the other MOD files, and follow the same instructions below. Flashing the mods is not required and it is up to the users which mod to install on their phone.
In this guide, learn how to upgrade the Galaxy Nexus I515 to rooted Jelly Bean build JRO03O with extra mods.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus, model number SCH-I515. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 with an unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- You can check out this toolkit that will easily unlock the bootloader and flash a custom recovery to your Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515.
- Download the following files to your computer:
- Stock JRO03O ROM (Verizon_JRO03O_deodex_root.zip, md5sum: c842709dcd906451156dd0232778ce79)
- JRO03O_radios_bootloader.zip (7.27 MB)
- [Optional] Extended Power Menu MOD (Verizon_JRO03O-PowerMenu_VolSkip.zip, md5sum: 6aed3921e7605ad2dfd92bcf01f8cf48)
- [Optional] Native Tethering MOD (Verizon_JRO03O-NativeTethering.zip, md5sum: 09e3607e85bf82c379e53bb8876ed398)
- Charge your phone's battery to 70% or more to ensure that your phone has sufficient power throughout the entire procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the stock ROM, radio/bootloader, and mod ZIP files to the root of your phone's SD card.
- Switch off your Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
- Reboot your mobile phone into ClockworkMod Recovery Mode. You can do that by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons until the screen turns on.
- Using the Volume keys, highlight Recovery mode and select it by pressing the Power button.
- Create a backup of your current ROM by selecting Backup and Restore and select Backup on the next screen.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card
- Select Choose ZIP from SD card and locate the Verizon_JRO03O_deodex_root.zip file. Confirm the action on the next screen to flash the ROM to your mobile phone.
- In the same manner as in steps 7 and 8, flash the JRO03O_radios_bootloader.zip file to your phone.
- [Optional] In a similar way, flash the Extended Power menu mod file, Native Tethering mode file, and other mod files of your choice to your mobile phone.
- After installation is complete, go back to the main menu and select Reboot system now to restart your phone.
Terrific! You have successfully installed the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean JRO03O ROM with additional MODs on your Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515.