With the Nexus Prime just hours away from potentially being announced, an eager carrier just couldn’t keep their mouth closed. It comes to us via Twitter, where Japan’s NTT DoCoMo has announced that they will be one of the first, if not the first, to have the Galaxy Nexus. In addition, they added that the device will become available in November. However, DoCoMo did not go into specifics about the device that would include; price, specifications, or exact date of release. Therefore, you will just have to wait until later tonight to get the full scoop. We do know though – that on Verizon, it will start out with a price of $299.
Galaxy Nexus Review
If you haven’t already taken a look, the Galaxy Nexus is rumored to have the following specs;
In addition, the alleged spec sheet lists:
- 4.65-inch AMOLED 1280×720 display
- Dimensions of 5.4 × 2.7 × 0.45 inches (slightly thicker than the 0.36-inch iPhone 4 and 0.36-inch Nexus S)
- 4.8 ounces
- 32GB ROM
- 1GB RAM
- 1750 mAh battery
- Micro USB 2.0
- Bluetooth 3.0 + HS
- CDMA, GSM, LTE, HSPA, EDGE, EV-DO
- Dual-core Texas Instruments OMAP 4460 processor running at 1.2GHz
- 5-megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash and HD video-recording.
- NFC support
- Curved screen
DoCoMo released this tweet earlier that gave the full news:
If you’re like me, your dying to hear the final specs and see the final design of the Nexus Prime. Stay tuned for more!