The Nexus 4 is one lovely piece of Android-operated hardware, but not everyone is lucky enough to bring it home. Not to worry, thanks to the work of the ever-crafty XDA Developers forum members, you can now get that Nexus 4 look for your Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250. The ROM is called Team Shogun RufDroid ROM and comes with some handy mods to give your phone unique features.
Developed by XDA Developers member BigBrother1984 and Team Shogun, the RufDroid ROM has just recently reached version 1.0.0, making it stable to use. It's simply a great ROM to try, since it's based on Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean. It also packs extra modifications such as root with SuperSU, Busybox 1.20, init.d support, and more. The developer is updating this ROM from time to time so watch for more goodies to come.
This guide shows you how to flash RufDroid ROM for the Galaxy Nexus I9250.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with theSamsung Galaxy Nexus, model number GT-I250. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A rooted Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed
- For help, check out the following guides.
- Download the following:
- (Optional) Download additional mod packages:
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the RufDroid ROM file (and optional mod packages) to your phone’s internal SD Card.
- Turn off your phone.
- Reboot the phone into ClockworkMod Recovery by pressing and holding the Volume Down, Volume Up, and Power buttons together until the device is in Fastboot Mode. From there, use the Volume buttons to navigate to the Recovery option then use the Power button to select it.
- Note: In Recovery mode, use the Volume buttons to navigate and the Power button to select an option.
- Create a NANDroid Backup of your existing ROM. Go to Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Do a full wipe:
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition > Yes.
- Select Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache > Yes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP From SD Card > Locate and select the ROM ZIP file > Yes.
- Select Go Back > Reboot System Now to boot into the ROM.
- Open SuperSU and update binaries.
- Repeat steps 2, 3 and 6 to flash the RC2 1.0.0 Kernel Gov Fix ZIP.
- Optional: Reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery again and repeat step 6 to flash the mod packages that you want to install on your phone.
Nice! You have successfully flashed Team Shogun's RufDroid ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250. Enjoy the performance upgrade on your device!
Ken is an expert on management and is currently engrossed with his newly started adventure in logistics management. But, that's only his second love. His first love, of course, and without being mushy when this is said, is Android.