XDA Developers is a place where great minds flock, create all sorts of Android goodies, and share their fresh-from-the-oven treats with the eager Android public. It's also a place where people come together to collaborate on ROMs. Minooch teamed together with Francisco Franco to produce the first and only Franco-supported ROM. Make way for the MiNCO ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250!
This ROM was built from AOSP Jelly Bean and promises to be fast, smooth, and stable. It comes with the Franco 384 GPU kernel, a super Power menu, SuperSU, and a whole lot more. There is some minor theming going on in this ROM, but if you want to pretty it up, you can also install additional mods and enhancements.
This guide shows you how to flash MiNCO ROM for the Galaxy Nexus I9250.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, model number GT-I9250. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250, with ClockworkMod Recovery installed
- Download the MiNCO ROM (MiNCO_Maguro_v5.zip, md5sum: 56F546D895193D1FFC88DA4628F56A0B) to your computer
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the MiNCO ROM file to your Galaxy Nexus' internal SD card.
- Turn off your Galaxy Nexus.
- Boot into Recovery Mode. You can do this by pressing and holding the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons until the phone boots to Fastboot Mode. Using the Volume keys, select Recovery mode and tap the Power button to select it. An Android robot with a red triangle logo will appear on the screen. Press and hold the Volume down and Power button, then tap the Volume Up once to enter Recovery mode.
- Make a NANDroid Backup. Select Backup and Restore and select Backup on the next screen.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD card and select the MiNCRO ROM ZIP file. Confirm the action on the next screen to flash the ROM.
- Select Go Back and select Reboot system now to reboot your phone.
Great job! You now have the MiNCO ROM running on your Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250. How are you liking it so far? Let us know by leaving a comment below.