Though a lot of people fall in love with Nexus devices because they can give us a vanilla Android experience without the hassle of different skins, sometimes we just want to try something different on our Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250. The Jellybeer ROM, developed by XDA Developers member benjamin.j.goodwin, is one of the ROMs you can flash on your Galaxy Nexus.
The Jellybeer ROM lets you enjoy dual panels and three different UI modes (phone, phablet, and tablet). Not only that, you have a number of customization features such as being able to set a custom DPI, change the navigation bar height, and disable the boot animation. If you're excited to try something different on your Galaxy nexus, read on.
This guide shows you how to flash Jellybeer ROM for the Galaxy Nexus I9250.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, model number GT-I9250. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 with unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery installed.
- Download the following:
- Jellybeer ROM (JellyBeer-v3.23-maguro.zip, md5sum: a3f74e535092730391865b608db580ff)
- GApps Package (gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip, md5sum: 4e9e7ec3c22b0b3471bd05d62b8a659d)
- Make sure your device's battery still has at least 70% power. You don't want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the JellyBeer-v3.23-maguro.zip and gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip files to the phone's SD card.
- Switch off your Galaxy Nexus.
- Boot into Recovery Mode. To do this, press and hold down the Volume Up, Volume Down, and the Power buttons until the screen turns on.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP form SD Card > selectJellyBeer-v3.23-maguro.zip file > Yes.
- Repeat step 5 and flashgapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip.
- Select Go Back > Reboot System Now.
Congratulations! You have successfully flashed the Jellybeer ROM to your Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250. Enjoy the 3 different UI modes, custom DPI and other ROM features!
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.