What could be more romantic than a custom kernel that combines all the best qualities of other custom kernels in the Nexus forum on XDA? For hard-core users, this is a dream come true. And, if we have to thank someone who’ll wave the magic wand for us, it’s XDA Developers member twistedumbrella. Let’s get ready for this Jelly Bean-compatible StarKissed Kangerade kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250.
The StarKissed Kangerade is a multi-source kernel based on Linux version 3.0.54. It comes with 10 governors: HotplugX, InteractiveX, OndemandX, Sakuractive, PegasusQ, Adaptive, Abyssplug, Savagedzen, Lulzactive(q), and Fantasy. SIO and VR schedulers are also integrated in this kernel. The developer is currently working on fixing issues with InteractiveX and PegasusQ since it results in freezing the device or randomly rebooting it.
This guide shows you how to flash StarKissed Kangerade kernel for the Galaxy Nexus I9250.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, model number GT-I9250. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed
- Check our guide on how to install ClockworkMod Recovery on the Galaxy Nexus.
- Download the appropriate StarKissed Kanderade file for you firmware version.
- Make sure your device’s battery still has at least 70% power. You don’t want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the StarKissed Kangerade ZIP file to your phone’s SD card.
- Turn your phone off.
- Boot into Fastboot Mode. Press and hold down the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons until Fastboot boots.
- Enter Recovery Mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate to Recovery Mode and select it by pressing the Power button.
- Create a NANDroid Backup. Select Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP from SD Card > select the StarKissed Kangerade ZIP file > Yes.
- Select Go Back > Reboot System Now.
Congratulations! You have flashed the StarKissed Kangerade kernel on your Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250. Enjoy!